Tuesday, May 18, 2010

adventures in wonderland(s)

i finished my first semester of teaching (!) in mid-march, packed up my bags, and hit the road for a two-and-a-half months adventure. a few pictures to wet you apetite; more to come later this week when my internet is (hopefully) being less dysfunctional:

first, i headed down south to koh tao to learn how to scuba dive. i got both my open water and advanced licenses (....though i planned to only get the first license, i ended up staying a few more days to get my second. oops?), and fell in love with the sport. the night dive was my favorite-- so peaceful! sarah, center, was my instructor, and mike, right, was the only other person in my open water group. 


next, i went up to chiang mai to cosa, a home for girls who have sexually exploited, abused, or are at risk for trafficking in the sex industry. there, myself and 5 other fulbrights taught dance, painting and yoga classes. we even indulged full-on high school style and took the girls for a bowling and pizza day at a mall in the city. thanks to all those who donated to the workshop-- it really was a wonderful success. for more on cosa, go to: http://www.cosasia.org/

next up.......... india! brace yourself for the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment