Monday, October 5, 2009

it's hot here

The first few days in Thailand have been a whirlwind of strange smells, nerves, chili peppers, tuk-tuks and saffron colored robes. The heat here is utterly enveloping, putting me in what seems like a semi-permanent state of sleepiness and sweatiness. Despite this, I have been seriously enjoying the five sense stimulation that has been a constant since I arrived 3 days ago (a fantastic constrast to the body-stiffening, mind-numbing 30 hour trip over here). I often find myself reeling from smell of frying fish, the sound of whizzing motorbikes, the sight of bumper-to-bumper traffic, the taste of something either sweeter or spicier than I thought imaginable and the feel of the pregnant air-- all simultaneously. I'm trying to enjoy every minute and soak up the (admitedly) overwhelming life here in bustling Bangkok before I depart for my little town of Warin Chamrap on November 2.

A day-by-day, play-by-play to come tomorrow. A few pictures until then!


No resume required.


Who says you can't get everything you want in Bangkok?


First tuk-tuk ride!


Love
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment